Suburbs Christmas Quilt & Free Tree Block Pattern

Suburbs Christmas Quilt with a Free Tree Block PatternI’ve been itching to make this quilt for the past few years since I helped my sister in law make this Christmas quilt way back when.   I cut this quilt out on Friday, sewed blocks Saturday, and put the top together Sunday…a fun weekend project!

The fabrics are prints I’ve had for awhile, plus the snowflake print for the dark snowy sky I purchased just for this quilt.   The pattern is Suburbs.

Suburbs Christmas Quilt with a Free Tree Block Pattern

Suburbs Christmas Quilt with a Free Tree Block Pattern

Suburbs Christmas Quilt with a Free Tree Block Pattern

Also of course I added trees!  They are so fun with this pattern!  I made 8 trees in solids and scattered them throughout the quilt top.

Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern

Click the link below for the free Tree Block templates to make your own trees!

Tree Block Pattern HERE

Suburbs Christmas Quilt with a Free Tree Block Pattern

The Suburbs quilt pattern can be found here as a PDF, or here as a Paper copy.

The free Tree Block add on can be found here.

Happy Holidays!!

20 Responses to Suburbs Christmas Quilt & Free Tree Block Pattern

1. Colleen November 21, 2018 at 3:41 am #

Thank – you so much for the tree block ! I have had the Suburbs pattern for awhile now so maybe I’ll get started on it ;) Your latest version is such good inspiration ! Didn’t your SIL sew through her finger making that quilt ? Happy Thanksgiving to your house too.

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:47 pm #

Good memory!! Yes she did sew through her finger…I was teaching her to quilt and she sewed right over it! I felt so bad!

2. rl2b2017 November 21, 2018 at 4:14 am #

Good Morning! Oooh, Jane gets to use a highlighter! Isn’t that so much fun. I love this quilt, and that nice starry sky is just the perfect frosting on the cake. Thank you for the tree block! They also make Suburbs more homey and realistic. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:48 pm #

Jane uses ALL the markers….and my walls will prove it. She likes to draw on anything BUT the paper. ;)

3. Little Quiltsong November 21, 2018 at 4:24 am #

This quilt is beautiful – especially love the snowflake print you used for the sky. Thank you for the added tree block pattern. I gifted my first ‘Suburbs’ quilt that I made – now I need to make another. It is a fun a pattern.

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:48 pm #

Yes you do need another one! :)

4. Susan Roberts November 21, 2018 at 5:00 am #

Thank you so very much for the tutorial and tree block! As always, I enjoy your blog and suggestions. I’ve had Suburbs and I really like this “touch” and Happy Thanksgiving!

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:49 pm #

I’m glad you like it Susan! Thanks for visiting the blog!!

5. Megan November 21, 2018 at 7:53 am #

Oh MAN!!! Now I need to make ANOTHER ‘suburbs’ but with TREES!!! I guess I’ll make a Christmas one…I LOVE THIS PATTERN! Thanks!

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:49 pm #

Yes you do need to make another one!!! :) THanks!!!

6. Dori November 21, 2018 at 8:01 am #

Wow, this is SO adorable! I’m going to try to turn this into an eye spy Christmas suburb with fussy cut pieces in the doors. Thanks so much for the pattern discount.

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:49 pm #

That would be CRAZY cute!!!!!

7. Sheila November 21, 2018 at 8:25 am #

What a fun quilt! I love that it could be hung for more than just Christmas. Thanks for sharing the tree block pattern.

• Allison November 21, 2018 at 2:50 pm #

You’re welcome and I’m glad you like it!!

8. Vicki November 22, 2018 at 7:03 pm #

Oh, you clever monkey, adding trees. Love it. And who doesn’t need another Christmas quilt?!

9. Rosemaryflower November 26, 2018 at 8:58 am #

I love it!! Allison, I hope you have a happy fun Holiday with your adorable quilt hanging prominently, for frequent viewing ❤️
    I just bought the pattern

10. kathy olkowski November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm #

I love this pattern so much…..and those little trees makes it even perfect for your Christmas quilt.

11. Linda Dance November 28, 2018 at 8:53 pm #

Allison I just saw this christmas version which is now on my list of things to do. I also just saw one on pinterest that used halloween fabrics, they added in some extra designs, it’s really cute too. You’ll have to look it up. Thanks for sharing your talents!!

12. Cheryl Arkison December 4, 2018 at 6:41 am #

Absolutely love it!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pixel Chain | Cluck Cluck Sew - November 29, 2018

[…] you to everyone who left sweet comments on my last post and took advantage of my sale.  I’m so blessed to be able to create, and I have such […]