Forget Me Not

Forget-me-not, Windham Fabrics

Today I get to share my newest fabric collection Forget Me Not, which also seems like a fitting title for today’s blog post since it’s been 3 months since I’ve checked in here!

Life is busy and full, and for the past little while I’ve felt like I was juggling so many things, my blog ended up on the backburner.  As my kids get older it takes so much mental energy to keep the family running smoothly and everyone where they need to be…I’m sure you Mom’s with older kids know what I’m talking about!   I’m grateful that I can take a break when I need to catch up with life, and this blog is here when I am ready to come back to it.  I still love sharing here so much!

Forget Me Not is my 8th (!) collection for Windham Fabrics.  It’s now being shown to quilt shops, and will be out in stores this fall.

Forget-me-not, Windham Fabrics

I kept my classic colors, but they are a bit more moody with a few unexpected color combos since this will come out in the fall.  My last line Backyard Blooms sold out so quickly in 2020, I wanted this to have a similar look, but also feel new.

The name was inspired by Forget-me-nots…the little blue flowers that grow where I grew up and live now (outside of Seattle), and my love of growing little flowers.

This collection has a nice range of basics in it, which are my favorite part of every collection, and what I use the most.  Get ready to see the denim blue and red petal dot prints in every quilt I make for the next couple of years!

Forget-me-not, Windham Fabrics

I made 5 quilts with this collection that I’ll share over the next little while.  I had so much fun sewing these!

Forget-me-not, Windham Fabrics

Thank you for still being here and reading my blog, and for letting me share Forget Me Not with you!  -Allison

38 Responses to Forget Me Not

1. Karen April 21, 2022 at 12:09 pm #

❤️👏

2. Dianne Rencher April 21, 2022 at 12:19 pm #

This collection is even prettier in real life! The colors and pattern’s are beautiful and mix well together. Love all the quilts you’ve made with Forget Me Not!

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:28 pm #

Thanks Mom…although even if you didn’t like it I know you wouldn’t say! ;)

3. Gemini Jen NZ April 21, 2022 at 12:31 pm #

Definitely a collection that people will love for both colours and patterns! I am putting it on my to-get list for sure – those colours will appeal to so many people and have potential for making gorgeous quilts – your photos alone have got me drooling with possibilities – I love it!

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:27 pm #

Thank you! I hope they inspired people and they enjoy sewing with them!

4. Debbie Lee April 21, 2022 at 1:05 pm #

Beautiful fabric. I was starting to worry about you, so glad it was just a busy mom life.

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:27 pm #

yes just busy Mom life! Thank you for continuing to be here and read my blog, it means so much!

5. Dianne Everett April 21, 2022 at 2:28 pm #

Yes, life can become very busy. Glad you could check in and update us that you are well and have a new line of fabric. It is beautiful. Your newest line is very beautiful. It looks great on your ‘Brightly’ pattern.

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:27 pm #

Thank you! It would look amazing in Brightly…I need to put that on my “make” list!

6. tarranmay April 21, 2022 at 3:51 pm #

A beautiful collection Allison. So great to see you blogging again and I can’t wait for you to show your new quilts. I took a peak on Windham Fabrics website and they look stunning. I am always looking out for new patterns from you. The best and easiest to follow I’ve ever found. Thankyou! Mandy Hawkins, Minimay Victoria, Australia.

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:26 pm #

Thank you Mandy! That is the best compliment!

7. Jocelyn April 21, 2022 at 4:53 pm #

Beautiful collection.

8. charlotte m. April 22, 2022 at 3:54 am #

I love the tone on tone flowers!

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:26 pm #

Thank you! Me too they are my favorites!

9. Rheanna April 22, 2022 at 7:17 am #

Love these fabrics. So excited to get my hands on them this fall!

10. bcarlf April 22, 2022 at 7:31 am #

So glad to hear from you. I always enjoy hearing from you and have missed you. I love the new fabric line and look forward to how you have used them and to buying some for myself!

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:25 pm #

Thank you! That means so much and thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read it and say hello!

11. Joyce April 22, 2022 at 7:35 am #

So nice to see your post and email today! The collection is lovely. Thank you!

12. Karen MacKinnon April 22, 2022 at 8:07 am #

You have my most favourite blog! New collection is beautiful. I appreciate your realistic approach to quilting as I am a Mom as well. No matching points on stars all the way.

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:25 pm #

That means so much to me! And yes…stars with no points is definitely my speed of quilting LOL!

13. Jean April 22, 2022 at 9:45 am #

It’s so good to see your email today! The collection is really lovely. -Jean❤️

14. dondim April 22, 2022 at 10:28 am #

I love all your collections, but this one is the very best! I figured you were just very busy. At least that was what I hoped. I couldn’t bear to think someone was horribly ill! Congratulations on another winning collection. Gosh, my thoughts are all over the place…oops.

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:24 pm #

Thank you! We have had a medical challenge with my oldest that consumed a lot of my time the past six months, lots of specialists and doctor appointments and my mental energy drained. As my kids get older and I try to respect their online privacy, it’s a fine line when I really do want to share more of our lives and what’s going on! We are healthy, he is hopefully healing, and I feel like things are looking up! Thank you for thinking of our family, that means a lot to me!

15. Deanne April 22, 2022 at 11:16 am #

This is beautiful! And no need to apologize. I have never, ever forgotten what Brenda Barnes, first female CEO of Pepsi, said when she resigned 18 months into the job — “My kids need me now more than when they were little.” Hers were 7, 8 and 10 at the time, I think. I heard about that in 2007, when my kids were 7 and 3 and thought “No way, no way, that can’t be true.” . . . And then my kids got to be 11 and 7 and I remembered what she said and I thought, yes, that’s exactly right. You nailed on the head when you said “mental workload” — it’s constant. (And still happening, with 21- and 17-year-olds) . . . All of that is to say, I love your posts whenever they happen. Pulled the fabrics to work on a Heartsy quilt in February . . . and just thought about working on it again yesterday, so I know the feeling.

• Allison April 22, 2022 at 1:17 pm #

Oh I love that so much! Sometimes I feel into the trap of feeling guilty, but it’s so true that kids need us more as they get older and it goes by in a blink! It’s not as much physical work anymore, but yes that mental workload never ever stops! Thanks for the sweet comment, it made my day!

16. Margie Fisher April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm #

dear Alllison, So good you are able to post again, many many of us were missing you, but MOM is your primary job, we’ve all been there too, do not fret! Looking forward to new collection, BRIGHTLY for sure!

17. Kathryn Laposata April 23, 2022 at 12:29 pm #

I love the colors and the sentiment.

18. Lise April 24, 2022 at 5:37 am #

I love the material, will look for it at the store

19. Betty Ayers April 27, 2022 at 4:04 am #

This is a great collection and I especially like the addition of those plaids!!!

20. kathy olkowski May 12, 2022 at 5:48 am #

Absolutely beautiful collection! I was anxious to see it. Your quilts are all so lovely, too. Bravo!

21. Lacey June 6, 2022 at 9:38 am #

How do we go about buy this fabric line; specifically in a bundle?